Thursday, May 28, 2009

I do not not need opium, I have the gift of reverie


Everything is as interesting as you are interested in it. I had heard someone say someday, "people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that..", probably true but I am not going to write about the awesome game of football, or the Champions League finale, the Barca vs ManU and how Barca won 2 to 0, or even how dear Messi became God n C' Ronaldo the fallen devil. Citizens of the world have already done a lot to arrange words for them. Neither would I take an opportunity to talk about the IPL Season, the grand boring final, the excitement of the cheer-leaders or its affects n effects on Indian economy, on Government formation, on you, on me. Yet "interest" is an interesting word literally and mathematically (if you want to use it there). Today I would prefer to use it interestingly only. It is remarkable to see how with interest comes in desire, attitude, commitment toward that interest and the enthusiasm with which the interest is retained. The later part is evidently more volatile and conflicting.
While at school, we divided “interest” into forms and formations, today I say it was such a ridiculous thing to have tried, same goes for addition tables; one plus one equals two. Everyone could have learned it eventually, it’s so obvious. But I do not dare to say the same for multiplication tables; I still miss all that is above multiple of twelve. If you ask me why is it so? Then I have an answer for that, “not interested! Maths sucks!..rate of interest =0”

An interesting interest that I had while at school, were my hairs and hair style!...always wanted them to flow this way and that, but all oils failed and all gels too, my deterrent hairs stood straight all way through. Later when it was all spikes and pyramids and all towers in trend, my then trendy hairs fell flat. And now when hairs are gradually diminishing over the edges, I would have to say I am no more interested. So Interest’s they keep on changing or deflecting in its direction as we have the liberty to change ones course of interest.

Hell!!! ..”Liberty” is another dangerous word; I always love it, yet the most feared one. The same goes for its twin brother “Freedom”. Though both the words convey the similar sense, however the interesting thing is that both are not equally popular and its popularity has changed over time. For instance these days French Fries have been re-baptized as “Freedom Fries” where as back in the time of the great wars Sauerkraut were renamed as “Liberty Cabbage" and Dachshunds as "Liberty Dogs." Whatever be it interests are always driven by want of liberty and sense of freedom. Now tell me something, is it more interesting to look for a different girl at different traffic signal or look for the same girl at every signal?

They say there are two types of people - those who come into a room and say, “Well, here I am!” and those who come in and say, “Ah, there you are.” I am least bothered as to which kind you belong, or if you were least interested in reading this, however since you have reached this far and still reading, it has to be bit interesting indeed!

5 comments:

kuhipat said...

first things first,,,,let me laugh a bit,,,hahhahahhahahaa,,,well that laugh was not meant on ur art of writing or something,,,it was in response to the content,,,i found it really funny,,,
as in ur way,,,"i wont say it" that u have n extraordinary analytical sense to those simple n seemingly senseless thoughts,,,,
also i dont wanna say that "IN EVERY PEN THERE IS A DIFFERENT SOUL...biswajit" and that urs is a mighty good one .

sikta said...

1. I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hearing from you.

sikta@siliconindia.com

Unknown said...

nice posting blog
mobile repairing course in hyderabad

Unknown said...

nice post and site, good work! This article is well written and quite informative.
mobile repairing course in hyderabad

Unknown said...

Hey nice post..here the main point should be haa haa aa thanku for sharing this posts .
Hadoop training in hyderabad.All the basic and get the full knowledge of hadoop.
hadoop training in hyderabad