Friday, January 11, 2013

not of rosogollas and rassam- its mutton

I love rosogullas, I also love rassam- does that ring a bell. That may not mean that I am a foodie, which I am not entirely if you try setting a list of do and don't but you see here I am still self proclaiming that I love to eat and  eat good with love. Ok thats enough of nonsense! my bad Sorry. Not all food loving folks are as emotionally senselessly talkative.

Pardon me again for the above and for the same, today I want to share with you one of my recent experiment that I had performed into my course of understanding the divine art of Cooking. A plane-jane recipe which I believe was good. Its nor sweet nor tangy but more like mutton'ish and crunchy and hot and happy and easy. Do Try Maddi!

SO here the list of participating ingredients:
1. Of-course Mutton (300 gms Mutton Breast) you can try Lamb!
2. Bok-Choy (200-250) fresh and green
3. Green Chilies (5-6) likes of slender, tall and hot models
4. Onion (2 M) purple ones bit more sharp than the whites
5. Garlic (8-9) like more add more
6. Black Pepper (15-20 nos) 
7. Daalchini, Laung and Elaichi

What I did with above:
- Boil the mutton ribs in a pressure cooker with some salt and a daalchini stick. 3-4 whistles should be good enough.
- Heat 2 table spoon of Oil (I used mustard Oil) in a pan. When hot add a bay leaf along with daalchini, laung and elaichi. Add chopped onions and chopped green chilies. Cook in low heat till onions turn light brown.
- Add the chopped garlic, chop garlic thin and flat lengthwise. Add black pepper seeds lightly crushed.
- Followup with two spoon of soy sauce and tomato sauce. (I used Chungs Soy and Maggie Hot and Sweet Tomato)
- Now add the mutton breast to it. I used the mutton boiled water in my Soup; with mutton fat melted in it and a zest of cinnamon.Good Soup!!!
- Cook for some time till the hot and spiced sauce mixes with the mutton. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 3 minutes. Take care not to overcook it.
- Finally add Bok-Choy. Remove each leaf apart and you don't have to cut and slice, just make a bundle of the leaves and twist so as to tear it in two-three halves and into the pan.

Stir all of it for 4-5 minutes, add salt to taste and some vinegar (if you have) make sure the greens should not be more than half cooked or you will not get the crunchiness. Now put the lid for 30 sec on the pan- quickly remove it again and as you see the steam hissing and rising; poke your nose in it and get drowned in the aroma of what you have achieved. If that feeling makes you happy and smiling you should know -
TADDA!!! we are ready to Eat.

Note: If you like your dish to have a sour note drizzle it with little lemon juice and if you like it sweet just swing some honey lines when serving. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no try maddi.... cook and call :)

gautom said...

You are always welcome. Why don't both Miya-Biwi join us this Sunday evening. It's Bihu time, lets bhuj kham

Debiprasad Sahoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.