Friday, December 5, 2008

sometimes it happens

This is not exactly a tell-a-tale, though there are a lot of scattered entities that if I try to combine into a single thread, we should have a story( not an epic).
Pertaining to change there are times when renascence is supposed to happen, history has seen it all the time. The Industrial revolution, redrew the Artistic manifolds into Scientific terms, the great Wars redrew world maps, and what we are going through today they term it ???(they do not have any term). Whatever let us not give much head to all these as the discussion. As it will continue as new turns keep coming, and it will not restrict you to bear with me, instead it will become a torture for you. Have you finished smoking that thing, now help me cross this road, I am blind as you have already known...

Not everyday will I have the honor to meet this man, it was only once. Had some accident in which he lost his vision. But his mind is indeed enlightened with. That day was entirely a new experience in itself. It started with same old BMTC bus, same long walk from Agara Lake, same old faces at office but a new assignment. A new project has come up and my Director wants me to be a part of it. Good! Then things became unfolding only after evening. I left office at around 7:30, with most of my colleagues already gone. There was no bus, so started walking towards Agara stop. I was not feeling very good, a trifling tummy. So was reluctant to walk, I stared making gestures for a lift to every vehicle passing by, except the Auto's(had only fifteen bucks at hand). "What is it boy why did you raised you hand?" I said,"Lift Sir, till Agara if you are going towards that way." Now what we normally expect is a "Yes, sure" or a "No, I am sorry." He did not say anything started his bike and went his way, I started walking again that was the only one to stop.

In Agara, got to do what everyone there was doing and that I always do, "stare". You need to get a glimpse of the bus number before it halts and then fight your way into it. From a bus that had just halted (not mera wala number), this young fellow walked up to me and handed over a day-pass, "Would you like to have it, my bus journey ends here". I said,"Thank you!" and took out my purse. Its alright, you need not pay me and he moved away. Ah! I have a pass now (8 rupees saved), but where is the bus. So happily waiting, but there is no 242A. Even the Cabs and Mini buses were pooling in to get some extra bucks apart from their office service, but not to Koramangala. Damn! I was getting late, when a Maruti Zen, just stopped by my side and the driver stared at me I thought he must me looking for some address. Instead he asked if there was any one going towards Richmond road, I said No, I only need to go to Forum Mall. OH! its on the same road, hop in fast, he said. Back of my head, I felt something something could be wrong though he seems to be well dressed and has a Intel logo sticker on the windshield. Meanwhile I was already sitting in the car and we were moving fast towards Forum Mall via Madiwala where he dropped a lady who was his colleague. Though we did not talk much just an introduction, I came to know that he always pools in someone on his way back home. He dropped me at Forum and I wished him a Thank You and a Goodnight.A ten minutes walk and I would reach my room, so started with quick steps.Half-way comes the mobile tea stall that is always standing on the same spot, felt the urge for a smoke. I searched my pocket, it had a five rupee coin and the day-pass that I can use no more. It was there where I met Mr. Pasha, the enlightened blind man. He was already there talking with the vendor when I joined to listen their conversation.

No comments: